D1 Early Signing Day Celebrations

Alannah Cunningham, Editor-In-Chief

Wednesday, November 11th was the NCAA D1 Early Signing Day for committed athletes in the Class of 2021. Gwynedd is thrilled to have several senior student-athletes committed to continue their sports at the collegiate level! Four of our girls will be competing at the Division 1 level for four different sports.

Alannah Cunningham ’21 will be attending Villanova University as a coxswain of the Women’s Rowing Team. She plans to major in Political Science with a double minor in Business and Spanish. Alannah’s favorite Gwynedd Crew memory was at Head of the Charles 2019.

Kaylie Griffin ‘21 will be attending Saint Joseph’s University as a point guard on the Women’s Basketball Team. She plans to major in Chemical Biology.

Ella Gross ’21 will be attending the United States Air Force Academy for sprints and mid distance on the Women’s Swim Team. She is hoping to major in Political Science.

Samantha Saxon ‘21 will be attending Fairfield University as a forward midfielder on the Women’s Field Hockey Team. She plans to major in Business.

We are so proud of our young ladies and all of their hard work on the river, on the court, in the pool, and on the field. The entire Gwynedd community is extremely excited to see what the next four years have in store for these athletes and are thankful for the impact they have had on our teams here at Gwynedd. Good luck ladies!