Mercy Magnet

The Student News Site of Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School

Mercy Magnet

Mercy Magnet

Poll

This poll has ended.

In honor of GMA's Spring Play, who is your favorite character in Clue?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Photography Club’s December Contest Winners

Take a deeper look into the Photography Club’s December Contest winners! The theme of the December contest was to take a picture of something with a pop of red!

1st Place: Francesca Deitzel ’27

“My picture is of a red antique tea cup with gold accents and a red rose. I took it at my house a little before break using my Samsung S22 phone. I wanted to use the tea cup for this contest, but I didn’t like how it looked sitting on a table or windowsill in my house. There was nothing to make it pop. I saw a black bag in my dining room and decided to use it as my backdrop. I took a couple pictures of it on its own before deciding to add a rose from a vase on my dining room table. I positioned the rose until I had a little leaf showing from the angle without showing the stem. The warm light bulbs added the perfect lighting with the bag around the teacup. I wanted to use the teacup in my picture because I love tea and thought it would be a great object to play around with by taking pictures of it in different places. Roses are one of my favorite flowers, so I thought it would be a good addition to the picture.”

2nd Place: Lila Murphy ’26

“This is my photo of a cardinal. I took it when I was outside in my back yard with my Canon Rebel Xsi. It captured my attention because it was a bright red cardinal on a Crape Myrtle that was not in bloom yet.”

3rd Place: Brenna Tomsky ’27

“This is my photo of a decorative berry tree captured in a holiday scene. I took this photo while shopping in Peddler’s Village in portrait mode on my iPhone. The beautiful read scene captured my attention because the red cardinal captured in the background looked beautiful in front of the red berry tree.”