Mercy Magnet

The Student News Site of Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School

Mercy Magnet

Mercy Magnet

Poll

This poll has ended.

In honor of GMA's Spring Play, who is your favorite character in Clue?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Philadelphia Museum of Art Field Trip

A Look at “The Shape of Time: Korean Art after 1989” Exhibit

Earlier this month, the AAPI Alliance Club, DEIJ department members, and Honors & AP Art students traveled to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to view the new exhibit of “The Shape of Time: Korean Art after 1989.” They started the day off by touring the Asian art exhibit of the museum, seeing fantastic sights such as the architecture of a South Indian temple, a Japanese tea house, beautiful Chinese porcelain vases, and so much more. The group then moved to the modern Korean art exhibit they had come on the field trip to see, observing incredibly eye-opening pieces— from portraits, sculptures, paintings, and even a food cooking video that depicted various aspects of Korean culture. The museum also offered educational components that explained the significance of these pieces of artwork that represented various landmarks, people, and even emotions (In fact, a specific offering was dedicated to resembling “Anxiety”). The Gwynedd students enjoyed this day at the museum and truly learned to appreciate the talented and inspirational artists that created such moving art. Senior Annie Boyle, one of the presidents of the AAPI Alliance Club, reflects on the spectacular day by saying, “The art museum field trip was a great way to not only learn about different cultures, but different art styles, which is amazing as it’s something I don’t often get to do.”

View Comments (1)