Mercy Magnet

The Student News Site of Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School

Mercy Magnet

Mercy Magnet

Poll

This poll has ended.

In honor of GMA's Spring Play, who is your favorite character in Clue?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

GMA Swim and Diving Senior Night

On February 7th, Gwynedd’s swim team gathered at the Abington High School Pool for senior night. This year was like no other as there were sixteen seniors on the team. The students walked into a pool decked out in red and gold, adorned with signs for each senior created by the team and were immediately ready to swim fast. Although the students were excited to celebrate the seniors, they were swimming against an intense competitor, the Mount, and knew that this meet had to be taken seriously. The girls swam their absolute best, with strong dives and fast finishes. GMA’s three divers also put-up great scores, highlighting their great technique! The moment all the swimmers had been waiting for came before the last relay of the meet. The sixteen seniors gathered with their loved ones and were gifted red and gold glasses and a flower lei. GMA’s swim coaches, Judy Leighton and Sarah Hart, read each senior’s bio as they walked up with their parents to then stand on the block. The swimmers were given their moment to shine surrounded by their close-knit teammates and supportive families. All the early mornings and late nights spent at the pool had been leading up to this moment when the seniors were able to celebrate all that they had accomplished in their swimming careers, especially during GMA swim. The night ended with fast swims in the four-hundred relay and delicious cupcakes! Special thanks to GMA swim and the parent volunteers for creating such a memorable night for the senior swimmers!