Mercy Mester- Board and Brush

Mercy Mester- Board and Brush

Kylie McMahon, Writer

As the first semester came to an end, Gwynedd students dove into a fun-filled, stress-free week of Mercy Mester! Students had the option to choose from a variety of unique classes, one of them being Board and Brush. Board and Brush was a class taught by Mrs. Tobias and Mrs. May who taught students how to make their very own farmhouse signs. On the first day, students got to pick out their own sign templates which were composed of two to three pieces of wood. They were then taught how to properly stain and sand the wood, which is a crucial step in preparing for the fun part: stenciling and painting. While the stain dried, everyone picked out a super cute stencil that was printed via Cricut machines. Not everyone was able to print out their design due to time so that was how the second day began. After all of the stencils were printed, Mrs. Tobias and Mrs. May showed them how to properly transfer and mod podge their stencils onto the boards. Mod Podge, unfortunately, takes a while to dry but, thankfully, that is what day three is for. In light of the fun Friday atmosphere, the Board and Brush students chose fun, bright colors to paint their stencils, the last step in creating a farmhouse sign. Once all of the stencils had been painted, they were removed and the signs were complete! It was a great yet bittersweet way to end the class of 2023’s last day of Mercy Mester.