Broadway Wishes 2021

Cassandra Smith, Editor-In-Chief

The student-run fundraiser, Broadway Wishes, continued for in its 9th year in an outstanding virtual stream performance. Since December, the dedicated 45-person cast has been working hard to prepare a show, while raising funds for Make-A-Wish. The student-run fundraiser hosted various dine and donates, bake sales, and dress down days to raise money for the cause. Their efforts totaled in $20,675.65 which is enough money to sponsor the wish of two very deserving children.

The performance was held on May 1st after a rescheduling from in-person due to COVID-19 concerns. The show included many amazing numbers including “Seasons of Love” from RENT, “Forget About the Boy” from Thoroughly Modern Millie, and the fan favorite “Steal Your Rock ‘N Roll” from Memphis.

The entire year was dedicated to the wish kid, Adia. Adia had her wish granted to go to the Grammys in 2016 and since then she has gone on to do many amazing things. Now at age 20, Adia is a healthy and happy student at American University. She shared her story with the cast and spoke about how impactful Make-A-Wish has been in her life, recounting that her amazing experience of attending the Grammys and meeting countless celebrities.

Congratulations to our Gwynedd Girls who were involved in Broadway Wishes, Jill Baldassari ‘22, Maggie Blewitt ‘22, Olivia French ‘22, Megan Iatesta ‘21, Paige Jalosinski ‘23, Delaney Lynette ‘23, Kalie Mogg ‘23, Megan Myers ‘23, Lilly Nesbit ‘22, Ellie Perry ‘22, Giuliana Pettinato ‘21, Amanda Pfiher ‘24, Natalie Plamondon ‘23, Kristen Yezzi ’23. Special thanks to the girls who ran the production this year, Siobhan Brogan ’21, Sydney Pasceri ’21, and Cassandra Smith ’21.

The show is still available for viewing!

Watch here – https://youtu.be/ViN23PcuDho