Mercy Magnet

The Student News Site of Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School

Mercy Magnet

Mercy Magnet

Poll

This poll has ended.

In honor of GMA's Spring Play, who is your favorite character in Clue?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Mercy Day 2023

After the first couple weeks of the 2023-2024 school season, Gwynedd celebrated one of their longest running traditions, Mercy Day. Mercy Day celebrates the Sisters of Mercy opening their first shelter, to house and educate women and girls. As a Mercy school, Gwynedd spends these two days honoring the service Catherine McAuley started in Dublin, Ireland that reached the United States all those years ago. Prior to Mercy Day, students tie-dyed their shirts and decorated them with their class slogans. As the day began, students gathered in the PAC to enjoy the skits and videos put on by senior students and GMA’s faculty. The crowd went wild with the seniors’ performance of the Pitch Perfect song “Price Tag/ Don’t You Forget About Me” and “I’m Just Ken” from the new Barbie movie. To start the Mercy Day games, students gathered with their classes to play games all around the school. Faculty and students then came together to enjoy pretzels outside and socialize with each other, making sure to take lots of pictures. Later in the day, each grade competed against each other in fun games like ‘Minute to Win It’ contests and trivia before everyone met outside to play a very competitive game of tug of war. Every grade competed against each other with some special games of seniors vs. faculty. Students were dismissed for a half day and enjoyed their long Friday, basking in the mercy spirit. Although Gwynedd Mercy Academy had a day full of fun, the reasoning of the day was not lost, and everyone enjoyed a very merciful and faithful day!