Lacrosse Celebrated Their Seniors

Lauren Ryan, Writer

On Thursday, May 5, the Gwynedd lacrosse team celebrated their seniors. Lacrosse’s 11 amazing seniors have led the team through the season and have embraced the spirit of the team very well. Anybody would agree that these girls deserved every bit of recognition they received on Senior Day.

Before the game began, each senior was escorted by her family through the line of teammates and balloons. They saw their handmade senior signs, received flowers, and took pictures. Then, of course, it was time for the game itself to begin, which was against Mount St. Joseph Academy. All of the seniors got to start the game, and the Monarchs put together a great game from start to finish. Unfortunately,  after fighting hard, the varsity game ended in a 17-5 loss. However, Gwynedd’s JV was inspired to get a win for their seniors and achieved a 10-6 victory, which gave everyone something to celebrate. Gwynedd lacrosse then continued to celebrate their seniors with tacos after the games. The seniors also received personalized jersey-shaped cookies with their numbers on them.

Overall, despite the loss, the lacrosse team enjoyed honoring their incredible seniors, playing on the field together, and spending time with their teammates after the game. The seniors – Paige Collins, Isabella Fiore, Molly Gregor, Alana Mandato, Michaela McCook, Sam McDonnell, Caroline Mullin, Madeline Newell, Cassidy Palazzo, Hayden Tyrell, and Anna Williams – have all worked so hard over the years and each has such impressive lacrosse careers. However, the team is focused on the end of the regular season and potential playoffs which means their high school careers are not over yet!