Celebrating Halloween Inside and Outside of Gwynedd!

Eleanor Jones and Kiley McMahon

It’s spooky season again at Gwynedd Mercy! As per usual, Gwynedd has brought back some fun Halloween traditions for the October school year.

First off was a movie showing. After a decisive poll, the school voted to show Hocus Pocus! It was shown on October 21st in the Performing Arts Center during Community Period. It was optional for any student who wishes to attend.

Another fun tradition is the school-wide dress down day will be on October 29th, right before the holiday. Resulting from the students’ ideas and votes, each grade will be something different. Freshman will be babies, Sophomores are doing a throwback to the 80s, Juniors will be dynamic duos, and Seniors will be showcasing senioritis as senior citizens.

Also on October 28th, Gwynedd is hosting the GMAHS Halloween Social! If you want to join your classmates with a hot chocolate bar, snacks, a firepit, for a movie, it begins at 5:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. If you chose to RSVP it is $5, but is $7 at the door. An optional individual or group costume contest will be held as well. Don’t forget to bring plenty for picnic blankets for sitting out on the Quad!

Gwynedd isn’t the only place having some Halloween fun! There are plenty of places to visit for spooky season regardless of your preferences.

Firstly, and most infamously, there is Pennhurst Asylum, PA’s scariest haunted house. Located in Spring City, PA, Pennhurst Asylum is the perfect place to get your scare on. From paranormal tours to the iconic haunt, there is something for everyone who fancies the freakiness.

Now, if you aren’t too fond of haunted attractions, then don’t worry, Merrymead Farms in Lansdale, PA has you covered! Every year around this time, Merrymead opens their 5-acre corn maze to the public, riddles found in each corner which could help you win a prize! It is the perfect opportunity to grab some friends, put on a flannel, and have a fun, fall adventure!

Looking for a more laid back fall festivity? Then head on down to Linvilla Orchards in Media, PA! This family friendly orchard has plenty of activities for everyone. They offer fruit picking such as apples, peaches and pumpkins, they have an adorable farmers market, and they even have hayrides!

As Halloween creeps nearer, remember to be safe, make smart choices, and have fun!

Happy Halloween Monarchs!!!